Registration Rules & Releases
In order for a player to be granted a release from the Uxbridge Minor Lacrosse Association the following at a minimum must apply:
- Player is registered through Sportzsoft for the applicable program and the applicable age group
As per the OLA 2023 RULES & REGULATIONS:
MR2.08(a) A player resident in a community represented by a rep club entered in a category for which he is eligible to play, must register with that club except where such player’s services are waived by that club subject to the provisions of MR3.11.
NOTE: Any player who has not registered with their resident association by the following dates will be ineligible for a rep release. If a club folds a team for which the player would have been eligible, the player will not be eligible for a release under MR2.08(b).
Box: 3rd Sunday in March
Field: March 1st
Fall Field: August 15th
- Releases will only be granted to players where there is either no space on the team or there is no program.
- If no applicable program is available then a player will be granted a ‘no program’ release and will be expected to return to their home center the following year.
- Players who receive a release will be advised by the registrar of the next closest center based on residency which will be the association they will then need to register with.
- The OLA “Release Request Form” must be used in all cases where a player wishes to be released from their current Association in order to play for another Association. The player, the parent or the guardian must complete all fields in Section 1 and send it to the President of the Association from which the release is requested. Only the information presented in Section 1 will be considered; new reasons for a release will not be entertained should the Association’s decision be appealed at any other level.
For any questions or concerns regarding Player Releases, contact the UMLA at email@example.com
Prior to submitting any release request, the player must be registered with their resident OLA Association for the current year, and may not apply for a release prior to February 15th.
The OLA release form must be used for all releases and filled out digitally.